Monday, May 5, 2008

Ignorant Impatience

Well, this blog is about how Jesus loves us enough in our ignorant impatience that He keeps holding on to us and providing us with ultimate protection! This weekend a couple of the glory girls and I took a beach trip~ we had a great time, last night we were on the way home and I was exhausted and sunburned!! We stopped at this gas station and I prepaid $80~ I go back out to the pump and it is pumping at the slowest speed I have ever experienced (to give you an idea it took like 20 minutes or more to pump the gas)I had decided that at $40 I was going to stop, and just go to another gas station~ well I looked across the street and the only other gas station was closed, so I lean over and start a conversation with the man pumping gas on the other side of me, I asked how many miles I was from B'ham, he said 150, I began calculating and I knew $60 would definitely get me there, we got to $50 something and I was throwing a fit, and one of the girls in the car got out and said "Remember the verse be still and know that I am God" Well, I calmed down, but kept complaining as I prepared to go in and get the refund, the man said,"wait I miscalcualted it's about 170 miles to B'ham, so I kept pumping, when I got to $70 the pump started pumping fast and I continued on to my full tank,we drove and drove and I saw a sign on 65N~ we were like 42 miles from B'ham and I was thanking Jesus~ all of a sudden, I see red lights everywhere ~ traffic halted~ I began to pray~ I knew whatever was taking place at the moment was bad, I didn't realize at the time just how horrific~ police cars came behind us, so I knew that we were there just right after the accident took place, two and a half hours passed as we sat still on that interstate~ we saw tow trucks remove cars that were indescribable, one of the girls, saw the officials that announce death~ I got out of my car and like many others, I paced and I prayed, paced and prayed~ it was as if God spoke so clearly~ "remember that gas pump"~ this morning I woke to find out that a 17 year old boy David House, and a 68 year old man R.L. Webb, lost their life last night on that interstate, David's mother Marie, was airlifted to UAB~ this was a 4 car collision~ I wept~ I thanked God, for His protection over those sweet girls and those babies and myself in that car last night, and yes, I thanked Him for the man on the otherside of the gas pump that miscalulated the mileage to B'ham~ my friends, God is in every detail that involves the story that He is writing for our lives. He never sleeps, and last night in my ignorant impatience, He still loved me enough to hold me in His all knowing, and all consuming, protective hands~ Please be with these grieving families and Thank you Jesus, I love you, and I am sorry for my ignorant impatience! Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: