Saturday, May 31, 2008

Let's talk about Faith....

I remember when my now five year old was almost two, and I was getting her dressed for sunday school, I was explaining that we were going to God's house, and that she was going to be talking to Jesus,giving her dollar to Jesus, etc... I was explaining all of the good manner rules. Little did I know that she was so excited to go to God's house and talk to Jesus, we get to her class, she goes right in, well, I went on my way, and then went back to pick her up and she was furious, she teared up, I asked what was wrong, and in the sweetest little two year old voice she said, "but Momma, I didn't get to see Jesus today!" So I ask, what is Faith? Hebrews 11:1 tells us that Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we cannot see. We can't physically see Jesus, therefore many doubt Him, that is where our Faith comes in, there is no logic in Christianity, many things and ideas and beliefs cannot be explained, they are simply verified through Faith. I find it interesting though, that when Jesus, was in human form and walked the earth,and he could be visibly seen and physically touched, that people still doubted Him, His very on disciples wrestled with Him, and when He walked on water, He was thought to be a ghost, and He was feared. Today, we cannot visibly see God with our own two eyes like we might see another human, but when we seek Him, He will be found, I challenge each of you today, to seek Him in everything that you do today and everyday, and He will be as real to you as anything that you can see visibly, hear audibly, and touch physically. In our Christian Faith, we have to remain focused, and certain of what we do not see! Don't miss the many ways that God is making Himself known ,and the many ways that he reveals and "verifies" Himself on a moment by moment basis!
Faithfully His,
Kimberly
Hebrews 11:1

No comments: